xPente for PALM Version 9.1.1, Release Date: June 21,2005, Made by Mark Okun
| You can play pente or Keryo-Pente on Palm |
- Supports Pente and Keryo-Pente with the prohibited central square
- The tournament rule
- Drawback of the game: The beginner of the game (black) is in great favor.
To fix this you can use the tournament rule.
The 3rd move Black must make outside the zone of 5x5 intersections with the same center as the center of the whole board (the 5x5 zone is a prohibited zone).
- Full color graphics
- 3 levels (Registred version only)
- Database support
- Set up any position or modify the current game
- All the properties are saved so you don't need to customize lev, colors, etc. every time you start the program
- Hint, undo, take back, switch sides, and more...
- Pente are played between two opponents on a board by making moves with black and white men called stones.
- One of the players has at his disposal the black stones and the other player has white stones.
- Both the players must alternately make one move each time.
- Black (the player with the black stones) begins the game by making a move in the middle of the board.
- A move consists of the putting of a stone on one of the intersections of the board.
- Whenever your opponent has two stones (and only two) which are adjacent, those stones are vulnerable to capture. The pair can be captured by bracketing its two ends with your own stones.
- A stone may legally be played onto any empty intersection, even if that point has been previously occupied, and even if forms a pair between two enemy stones. No capture is made by the enemy in that case.
- Multiple captures are legal.
- There are two ways to win the game: Win by getting five-(or more)-in-a-row, either horizontally, vertically, or diagonally, with no empty points between the stones, or Win by capturing five (or more) pairs of your opponents stones.
Keryo-Pente Keryo Pente uses the same rules as regular Pente, except that 3-in-a-row may also be captured in addition to regular pair captures To win one must get either 5-in-a-row or capture 15 stones.
Controls of the game